Monday, August 1, 2011

Then Came You

Had my first outing yesterday in nearly ten weeks. After being sick for so long the energy envelope is slim so had to decide whether to go to the grocery or the library.

It was close but the need for food won out. But I happily discovered you can buy books at the grocery. Bought Jennifer Weiner's new book Then Came You. I generally get books from the library but this book was worth every penny -- a heart-warming book that spoke to our common humanity and expanded the sense of family.

Next I'm reading The Time Traveller's Wife. What's on your 'to be read' list?

2 comments:

Sarita Leone said...

I hope you feel better every day, Kathy. The road to recovery can be so tough. I'm sorry you've been under the weather!

I've just begun reading Christmas Magic on the Mountain by Melissa McClone. She's an awesome writer and I know that when I open one of Melissa's books I'm going to be pulled right into the story. I love falling into a book, feeling surrounded by the characters and part of the plot. That's how I feel when I read something Melissa's written. I easily recommend picking up one of her gems!

Next on the list is The Help. My godmother sent it for my birthday and she's a great book chooser so I'm betting this one will be good, too.

Sending big hugs your way!

margaret blake said...

Glad you are feeling better, Kathy. I am currently reading
a book by Richard North Patterson "Conviction" nail biting!