Friday, July 15, 2011

From the Farm



Life here at Villa Leone is quiet. All about writing, reading, gardening, taking long walks, mowing, picking flowers, adjusting and staying connected with friends and family.


But there's something new going on, too. I'm cooking. Baking, too. Really. I'm starting to eat more than frozen dinners, which is a real big step forward.


When I was in Florida, my aunt (also a widow) gave me a few hints on cooking for one. She's a smart woman and I've taken her comments to heart. I think I needed someone to take me in their kitchen, fill me in on what works for her and what doesn't. She's been at this new lifestyle much longer than I have and, truly, she was a huge help.


Thanks, Aunt Maria!


I baked cookies last night. Not the ones above, because I dumped all of the cookies into the cookie jar (minus two--okay, four--"test" cookies) before taking a picture. So, they look like the cookies in the photo but they're not those. Confusing, I know, but very tasty!


Have I mentioned that there's a 20% off sale on everything in my Etsy shop? I'm starting to think about holiday stock so I'm trying to find new homes for what's there now. I hope you'll take a peek. Also, if you've got any holiday requests, please let me know. I've already got one order for Christmas ornaments, something that seems strange to contemplate while the weather is scorching. The order is welcome, for many reasons, but mostly because it helps keep my hands busy and my mind occupied. All good.


So, what's new with you? What's going on in your corner of the world?


I hope you have a peaceful weekend!

3 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

Mmmm...I'm in the mood for cookies now.
I'm going to the beach today and tomorrow there's a boat parade and party we're going to.

Dru said...

yummy cookies.

I'm finally making it to the quilt shop after work. I can't wait to see what I bring home. This weekend will be spent working on a quilt.

margaret blake said...

Those cookies look good enough to eat!!!