Friday, February 8, 2008

100th post

Yes, that's right. It's hard to believe but this is the Larks' 1ooth post. Isn't it incredible how time flies when you're having fun?

I feel like I should write something wildly interesting, terrifically witty and jaw-droppingly revealing for this milestone post. Something exotic, over-the-top, newsbreaking.

Alas, I have nothing. Nada. Niente. Zip. Zero. Zilch. My mind, as they say, is a blank. Mea culpa.

For the past few days I've been chin deep in edits. Sort of on a time crush with this one so they have consumed almost every waking moment. It's all I can think about... Characters (did I change that one's last name in Chapter 14 to match the earlier chapters? And I must remember to change it all the way through to the end...now, don't forget). Capitalization. Punctuation. Grammar. (Good God, grammar! Have I left anything dangling that shouldn't dangle? At least not publicly dangle? And if I have, will my husband be embarrassed by it? Oh, the whole dangle issue drives me nuts!)

Sigh...

Don't get me wrong, I love edits. Really, I do. I love to see the little red marks and comment balloons. I love the feeling of having my story honed and polished. But the part I like best about edits? The same bit I like most about writing a book, seeing "The End."

Probably the same way you feel about this post, huh? :)

Have a great weekend! And thank you for joining us for this 100th Lark Post!

5 comments:

margaret blake said...

Goodness, Sarita, I cannot believe it, time just speeds on.

Is it okay to offer congratulatins, seems a bit like I am full of myself but not really. I offer it to all you girls.

Margaret

Kathleen said...

Sarita, Congratulations! I'm still struggling with the first draft and would love to be at the editing stage.

Sarita Leone said...

Doesn't it just, Margaret? It feels like this milestone post came so quickly! I offer congrats to all, as well. I think it's great that we've come together here in the Lark nest. :)

Sarita Leone said...

Doesn't it just, Margaret? It feels like this milestone post came so quickly! I offer congrats to all, as well. I think it's great that we've come together here in the Lark nest. :)

Sarita Leone said...

Thank you Kathy. :) It does feel good to be editing but I've got to admit that when it comes it's hard for me to think about anything else. I just get caught up in the process, and it seems to consume me, LOL. But I love, love, love seeing the finished product!!

Good luck with the first draft. I know it can be tough going sometimes. I'm actually stopped just shy of the last chapter on a book...just can't seem to puzzle that ending out.

Maybe after edits are done? Hopefully? :)